Friday, January 29, 2016

Bossypants

by Tina Fey


OH man. I thought I loved Tina Fey before I read this book.  Little did I know that Bossypants would convey her awesomeness to an entirely new level.  In her typical humble way Tina still manages to be the hilariously funny and subtly confident advocate for women's rights that she is in this book.

Bossypants is Tina Fey's autobiography.  It covers such topics as awkward teenage years, awkward college years, awkward adult years, her start in comedy, her years at SNL, writing and launching 30 Rock, and marriage and motherhood.  Tina touches on so many of the concepts that have seemed taboo for years for women to complain about like wanting to be successful BOTH in her career and as a mother (not just one or the other.)  Not to mention, the behind the scenes it gives into the beginnings of Amy Poehler's, Will  Ferrel's, and Jimmy Falon's careers will make you want to binge watch Parks and Rec and old SNL episodes.


A friend of mine told me that she felt the book was "too liberal" for her.  And yes, for some people that may be true.  Tina does go off on tangents about gay rights and women's rights and is clearly a proponent for all things liberal.  Conservatives be warned, because in my opinion that made the book all the more amazing.  For a lighthearted, quick, and laugh out loud read check out Tina Fey's Bossypants.  Keep being awesome, Tina.




No comments:

Post a Comment